A child prodigy of 50+ years, Kristine Lowder is a multi-published author specializing in creative non-fiction, inspirational fiction and humor. Her byline has appeared in numerous publications and several anthologies including Whispers of Inspiration, Our Fathers Who Art in Heaven, and A Pixel-Perfect Christmas. She’s authored 12 books to date and is a frequent contributor to numerous ezines including A Long Story Short and JournEzine. Her short stories have appeared in a variety of venues including Heartwarmers, Majestic Publications and Warm Fuzzy Stories.Kristine has “no idea what I want to be when I grow up,” but thinks hanging out with five year-olds is “the coolest thing in the world” because “I fit right in.”
She’s working on a ridiculous number of new titles – everything from humor and memoir topics to A Likely Story, a novella about spiritual abuse (real topic, fictional characters and plot). Kristine manages/administrates six blogs and writes between homeschooling, sports, naps and regular infusions of raspberry white chocolate cheesecake.
- Personal Interests:
- Hiking, reading, camping (except for the tent part), swimming (except for the water part), fishing (except for the fish part). Andrea Bocelli tunes and almost anything other than laundry.
- The Man in the Yellow Hat, Mike Mulligan and Mary Anne, and Reepicheep (don’t tell anyone).
- Some Favorite Quotes:
- “Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’
- ““Laughter is not only the best medicine but the best revenge, although being rich and famous and outliving all your enemies are good ones, too.”
-Patrick F. McManus
- “Hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt!”
- “‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty.” – Zechariah 4:6b, NIV
- “We can beat these guys!”
- – Coach Herb Brooks, 1980 U.S. men’s hockey team